Recipe by SmHerndon
I couldn't believe there wasn't a Granny's 7-Up Cake recipe on here! Is it just a Southern thing? If so, accept our gracious hospitality and treat yourself to this wonderful dessert. Can use Pineapple Cake mix with Vanilla Pudding mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant pineapple pudding
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle 7-up
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 cup coconut (more if needed)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (more if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cake mix and instant pudding. Add oil. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Add Seven-Up. Mix well. Bake in 9x13-inch greased and floured pan at 350* for approximately 30 minutes, or until cake pulls away from edge of pan.
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add the rest of the frosting ingredients except the coconut and chopped pecans. Cook on top of stove, or in microwave oven, until thick; then add the coconut and chopped pecans.
- Spread frosting on cake while both are still warm.