Recipe by Jo
This is THE BEST cake!! It is so good! At potlucks and get-togethers, it always disappears quickly. I love the light lemon flavor and the moistness of the cake. I got the recipe from my mother. It's always been a family favorite.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
I have tried this recipe before (found it in a church cookbook) and it is very delicious. Being a chocolate lover, it takes a lot for me to love a cake that is non chocolate, but I am partial to all things lemon :) It does come out very moist and light and I would recommend it to anyone.
- 3⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together for 20 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour and lemon extract.
- Fold in 7-Up.
- Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Make Lemon Glaze- mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together.
- When cake is cooled, dribble with Lemon Glaze.