Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is THE BEST cake!! It is so good! At potlucks and get-togethers, it always disappears quickly. I love the light lemon flavor and the moistness of the cake. I got the recipe from my mother. It's always been a family favorite.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 20 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour and lemon extract.
- Fold in 7-Up.
- Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Make Lemon Glaze- mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together.
- When cake is cooled, dribble with Lemon Glaze.
I have tried this recipe before (found it in a church cookbook) and it is very delicious. Being a chocolate lover, it takes a lot for me to love a cake that is non chocolate, but I am partial to all things lemon :) It does come out very moist and light and I would recommend it to anyone.
This was a great cake and it starts a great conversation!! The only modification I did was, I doubled the glaze (I have a sweet tooth) and I added 2 teaspoon of 7 Up to the glaze as well. Just made it slightly easier to spread. I think creaming it for the whole twenty minutes made it lighter than when I did it the first time and creamed it for only ten minutes. It was a lot fluffier. :) Great tasting cake!
Very good! Although, I must confess that I only creamed the butter and sugar for 10 mins.! I also couldn't find lemon extract and used lemon juice in place instead. Seemed to turn out great though, very moist, with just the right amount of lemon flavor!!! I will be making this again! Thanks for sharing!