Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a rich,lemony,moist and tasty bundt cake. It is a slight variation on a recipe that came with my Mom's Nordic ware bundt pan about 40 years ago!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup 7-up or 3⁄4 cup other carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Cream sugar& butter together until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add flour and mix in.
- Beat in lemon extract and 7-UP.
- Pour batter into well-greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- When cool, ice with a powdered sugar/lemon juice glaze, and garnish with long"curls" of lemon zest.