Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a diabetic recipe and is courtesy of OneTouch Gold. It is called 7-minute soup but, really takes about 30 minutes.
- 1 cup diced onion, frozen, fresh
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (or 2-8-ounce cans)
- 15 ounces italian recipe tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Spray a medium saucepan or large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat; add onion and saute briefly; add garlic and saute until onion and garlic are golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes; chop tomatoes, coarsely with a spatula; add vegetables; season with basil.
- Heat until vegetables are cooked through; this soup may also be made in the microwave; serve with a good whole grain bread or crusty rolls.
So easy and yummy....and very low-fat, too! It's great for those "sniffly" days. I used frozen soup mix veggies for the mixed veggies. I also added about 1 cup of veggie broth and a little sugar. My cold feels better already. :) I'll make this often. Thanx!