Polenta is one of my favorite comfort foods. This version comes from one of my favorite newspapers, the New York Daily News.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan bring the half-and-half and the water to a boil.
- 2Add the salt and then gradually add the polenta while stirring.
- 3Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 4The polenta should be smooth and large bubbles will pop on the surface.
- 5Cook until very thick but not stiff, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and add butter, cheese and pepper.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7 Minute Rich and Creamy Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 1133.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g