Recipe by *Helena*
I use 3 large eggs or 2 extra large eggs, although recipe uses 2 large eggs. There is also no vanilla extract where I live just essence so I dont add any, to keep it white... no noticeable difference in taste..
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, cream of tartar, salt, water, and egg whites in the top of a double boiler. Beat with a handheld electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Place pan over boiling water, being sure that boiling water does not touch the bottom of the top pan. (If this happens, it could cause your frosting to become grainy). Beat constantly on high speed with electric mixer for 7 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla. Don't let it stand too long, use immediately.