Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad, that is very satisfying for a meal alone.
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cubed celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Layer the first 7 ingredients in 9x13-inch pan in order given.
- In small bowl, mix sugar with mayonnaise, spread over top like icing. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator. Can be prepared the night before.
I halved the recipe, made it in the morning and took it with me to work, where it was enjoyed immensely! I used tempeh sausage crumbles in place of the bacon. Thank you!