This delicious casserole looks and cuts like a pie, revealing layers of beans and cheese and tomatoes. Make it up ahead of time if you want and just put it in the oven at dinner time. I like this made with pepper jack cheese too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 7 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, mash pinto beans, then stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
- 4Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish.
- 5Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- 6Top with 1/4 cup cheese, and cover with another tortilla.
- 7Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 8Repeat layering twice more.
- 9Cover with last tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and cheese.
- 10Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- 11Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7 Layer Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 1043.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g