Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from Hidden Valley recipe pamphlet years ago. A friend and I used to take turns making dinner for our husbands at the shop. This is one of those things that wouldn't last but a few minutes when we fed them Mexican dishes.
- 1 (1 ounce) packethidden valley original ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced green chilies, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped avocado (optional)
- Spread beans on a 10-inch serving platter.
- Blend sour cream and dressing mix together. Spread over beans.
- Layer remaining ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was a great dip, but I agree with Parsley, that its not too spicy or oniony. The ranch dressing was a nice touch to this. I used the whole packet. We all enjoyed this watching the game. Will make again, though. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I love to try all the different versions of mexican layered dips. This one is very good and crowd-friendly because it's not too spicy or "oniony" for picky eaters that may be in the crowd. I think that I would only use half of the ranch dressing mix next time, because the whole envelope made the dip a bit too salty. Chopped scallions or chives would be great in here, too. Thanx!