Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is another version of the 7 layer salad, but it does not contain any cheese. My family prefers it. I hope you like it, it is requested often. It will not seem like enough dressing at first, but trust me just keep mixing. This is a wonderful version given to me by a dear friend, Patty over 20 years ago. If you forget to take the peas out to thaw, no worries, I do that all the time, and put them in there frozen.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced into cubes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 pint Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- Fry bacon, drain and crumble. Sit aside.
- Mix ingredients for topping.
- Layer all ingredients in order given, in a very large glass bowl, starting with lettuce.
- Cut up lettuce or tear up.
- Wash and tear spinach.
- chop green onions.
- Pour in thawed frozen peas.
- pour in sliced, cubed mushrooms.
- Place bacon on very top.
- Pour topping over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Do not mix till ready to serve.
This is an excellent salad that can be made a day ahead, freeing up time for the rest of the meal whether you are having guests or not. The dressing is the perfect compliment to this salad. Thanks for sharing this, Baby Chevelle.
I have made a similar salad for years. Only difference is, I add a layer of chopped, hard boiled eggs just under the bacon layer and it is yummy. Great salad, thanks for sharing.