Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low fat 7 layer salad. Great for folks on LA Weightloss
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat cheese
- In a large salad bowl, layer lettuce, celery, onions, pepper and peas.
- Spread mayonnaise on top.
- Sprinkle with Splenda, then top with cheese.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
This is a wonderful version of the infamous "7-Layer" salad. This went together beautifully, and I was able to serve it just as nicely for "Saturday Lunch at the Farm". The only small addition I would add in the future is a bit of salt and pepper, or "Crazy Jane's Mixed Up Salt" and some sliced tomato. This salad is a true winner and we enjoyed this immensely. Thanks for posting this, Wendelina!