Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great lowfat version of 7 layer salad for one person. Great for lunches. Great recipe for folks on LA Weightloss
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄8 cup chopped celery (about one rib)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (one scallion)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 ounce shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Layer the lettuce, celery, onions, pepper and peas.
- Spread mayonnaise on top.
- Sprinkle with Splenda, then top with cheese.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- LAWL Count: 2 veg, 1 fat, 1/2 dairy.
Very nice! I made it for lunch today for just myself! I used red bell pepper because it was what I had and I don't like green peppers for some reason. I used low fat ranch dressing instead of of the dressing. Also added bacon bits. I realize I changed this quite a bit but I really loved this and it is very adaptable according to taste! A keeper!
This was very good. My DH and I had for supper tonight and we liked it so well, I multiplied it by 4 to take to my brothers for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing. I will be making this lots.
I love 7-layer salad, but I only made it for family gatherings. Now I can enjoy it for just myself more often. Thanks for posting the recipe for one.