Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lightened up version of the original recipe.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into pieces
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red onions or 4 scallions, slice thin
- 1 cup fat free sharp cheddar cheese (add more to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb center-cut bacon, cooked nice and crisp crumbled into pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (adjust to taste)
- Layer first 5 ingredients, one at a time, in a large glass bowl so you can see each layer. Don't mix the ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour evenly over the salad in the bowl.
- Add a layer of cheese, then a layer of bacon.
- Then top with egg if using.