Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is wonderful. The sweet n crunch n salty is the perfect mix. Serve on a hot day with a glass of iced tea, and french bread.
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package smoked ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup waterchess nuts, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cheese, crumbled
- LAYER lettuce, onions,waterchess nuts, peas and ham in large straight-sided serving bowl.
- MIX mayo, Parmesan cheese and sugar. Spread over salad to seal; cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- TOP with cheese crumbles just before serving; toss gently.