Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This 7 layer salad recipe sounds like a bunch of vegetables thrown together, but every occasion people ask me if I will make this, it is really gooooooood. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time.
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery (I leave this out)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, uncooked
- 2 cups Miracle Whip (I use the Lite)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (You can use Equal or Sweet and Low)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar Bacos bacon bits (you can also use crumbled leftover bacon)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- Layer all of the above vegetables in order, evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap securely and refrigerate overnight.
This salad is very good and easy to make. I have had this recipe in my collection for several years and it is a favorite.
This sounds good! I have had this before from a small deli down the street.They added tomatoes also.
This also has been a requested dish at all my family's holiday dinners too.I add lots of real bacon bits and a liberal shake of Mrs.Dash spice mix to the Miracle Whip and leave out the salt.There never is any leftovers.