This 7 layer salad recipe sounds like a bunch of vegetables thrown together, but every occasion people ask me if I will make this, it is really gooooooood. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time.
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery (I leave this out)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, uncooked
- 2 cups Miracle Whip (I use the Lite)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (You can use Equal or Sweet and Low)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar Bacos bacon bits (you can also use crumbled leftover bacon)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- Layer all of the above vegetables in order, evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap securely and refrigerate overnight.