I found this recipe on a package of Lipton Ranch soup & dip. They no longer make this, so I use Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk dressing mix. I like it because you can snack on this while you are watching your favorite show.
- 1 (1 ounce) packagehidden valley buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced or 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, chopped or 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 oz.)
- tortilla chips
- In 2-quart shallow dish, combine dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Evenly layer remaining ingredients, ending with cheese.
- Chill if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was a wonderful dish. DH absolutely loved it while I thought it was a bit too salty. That can happen when using the ranch dressing mix. It sure was easy to prepare and the presentation was awesome. I used pickled jalapeno instead of the green chilies. That's the only change I made with the exception of cutting the recipe down. Made for Spring PAC 2011. Thanks for posting. :)