Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cool, light and refreshing. With springtime here and summer just around the corner, it can be served at showers, brunch or picnics. Low fat with alteration of ingredients. Cooking time includes the setting of jello and pudding.
- angel food cake, broken into pieces or poundcake
- 1 (3 ounce) boxstrawberry-banana Jello gelatin
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced round
- 1 can pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container Cool Whip
- fresh berries (to garnish) (optional)
- Prepare jello and pudding according to directions on box; put in fridge until set, about 4 hours.
- Follow directions as above, using the cool whip and berries as top garnish.
- Chill until served.
- Serve in a punch bowl or glass trifle bowl.
I made this for a baby shower. It is absolutely scrumptious and very easy. I had to promise to make copies of this recipe for several ladies. Thanks for posting this.
OMG, TARA!!! This dessert is absolutely incredible!!! I used a 12 oz. angel food cake, a 15 oz. can of pineapple chunks, a 15 oz. can of fruit cocktail, a small can of mandarin oranges, and a 12 oz. container of cool-whip. I didn't have a punchbowl, so I made it in a regular large serving bowl. Also, I only had time, in my cooking frenzy for the 4th of July, to let the Jello set until slightly thickened (pourable) Then I refrigerated the entire dessert for 2 1/2-3 hrs. It turned out wonderful, and everyone in my family wants the recipe. The taste reminded me of a banana split. Next time, I will double the recipe because noone could get enough of this stuff!! Wonderful, refreshing blend of tastes and textures!! 5+5+5....stars!! Thank you!! ~Manda
This dessert is just beautiful and so light and cool. I made a reduced sugar variation of this as follows: angelfood cake, 2 packs diet strawberry jello (cut in cubes), 1 tin (no sugar added) pineapple chunks, 1 tin (no sugar added) crushed pineapple, unsweetened flaked coconut to cover, 2 tins (no sugar added) mandarin oranges, 2 packs diet vanilla pudding prepared with low fat milk, diet cool whip. It makes a ton and the taste is unbelieveable. Thanks for the fantastic recipe, I'll be making this again!