Recipe by catalinacrawler
this dip never lasts for long! this can be made the day before but make sure you take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving to let the beans soften. Serve with thick tortilla chips for less breakage.
- 1.5 (14 1/2 ounce) cansrosarita refried beans, reduced fat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning, lawrys
- 4 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine half of the packet of taco seasoning with the beans and mix thoroughly.
- Mash 3-4 avocados & season with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Shred cheese, chop cilantro & dice tomato.
- In a large casserole dish or aluminum tray layer beans evenly in bottom of the pan.
- Spoon several large spoonfuls (maybe 4 across & 6 down) of guacamole on top of beans & use the back of a fork carefully/softly spread evenly over beans.
- Repeat step 5 with the sour cream.
- Sprinkle remaining taco seasoning evenly over sour cream.
- Lightly sprinkle salsa over sour cream.
- Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese over salsa, then sprinkle with cilantro, diced tomato & drained sliced olives.
- Let sit out for 30 minutes before serving.