Black beans and pinto beans are flavored with Pace® Picante Sauce and seasonings to make separate and delicious bean mixtures, which are then layered with flour tortillas and Cheddar cheese, and baked until hot, cut into wedges and served. From recipe.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 7 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1Mash the pinto beans in a medium bowl with a fork. Stir in 3/4 cup picante sauce and the garlic.
- 2Stir the remaining picante sauce, cilantro, black beans and tomato in a medium bowl.
- 3Place 1 tortilla onto a baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over the tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup black bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat the layers twice more. Top with the remaining tortilla and spread with the remaining pinto bean mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes or until the filling is hot. Uncover the pie. Top with the remaining cheese. Cut the pie into 6 wedges. Serve with additional picante sauce and sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7-Layer Meatless Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 721.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 30.4 g