I took a bunch of 7 layer dips and a couple of my own ideas and created this recipe for a college football get together, and it was a great hit! This is a very forgiving recipe so feel free to use low fat ingredients, change ingredients, it's still wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans (any variety)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (cheddary, mexican, colby jack)
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup lettuce lettuce leaf, shredded (to taste)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped, to taste)
- 1 medium onion (diced or chopped, to taste)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1In a skillet over medium high heat cook ground beef and season as you like - keep in mind you will be adding the taco seasoning also though.
- 2Once ground beef is cooked drain any fat/grease and return to pan, add taco seasoning and allow all moisture to cook off.
- 3Meanwhile, in a 13x9 pan spread cream cheese on the bottom layer - soften if it's easier. I just put a baggie on my hand and began spreading. Next layer refried beans over the cream cheese.
- 4Now evenly put your meat on the next layer. Cover with cheese.
- 5If you're eating immediately then put in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and all layers are warm - approximately 15 minutes. (If eating later stop now and put in refirgerator until ready to cook.)
- 6Once the cheese is melted and layers are warmed through spread sour cream on top of cheese.
- 7Next put lettuce, tomato, and onions on top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7 Layer (Kind Of) Taco Dip
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.3
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 620.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g