Recipe by Chilicat
This is another version of the pretty gelatin dessert that alternates different colored gelatin with milky white layers. It has the consistency of Jello Jigglers, which makes it an ideal finger food for kids.
Top Review by rosslare
This was fun! I did not make it quite as jellyfied as in the recipe, though, so it was more like spoon food rather than finger food. So I did not add any extra gelatin in the actual jello part, and accordingly only half of the amount, 6 teaspoons, to the milky layer.
- 4 (3 ounce) boxes Jello gelatin, in different colors
- 6 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Very lightly grease a 9"x12" pan.
- Mix 1 box jello and 1 package gelatin with 1 cup boiling water.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- While first layer is setting, dissolve 2 packages gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add 1 can sweetened condensed milk and 1 3/4 cup boiling water. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour 1 cup milk mixture over the first jello layer; refrigerate until set.
- Repeat Step 1 with the next jello flavor, making sure it's at room temperature before carefully pouring over the milk layer.
- Alternate jello and milk layers, ending with the last jello flavor.
- Keep in mind that as you add more layers it will take longer to set. The jello layers can be mixed up before they are needed to save time, but don't do them all at once at the beginning or they may start gelling before you have a chance to pour them into the pan.
- Once all the layers are set, cut the jello into 2" squares or, for fun shapes, use small cookie or canape cutters.