Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Talk about your one-dish meals! Here's one with no pre-cooking. Just put in the layers, pop it in the oven, and get set for some real raves from your family!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef, uncooked
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup water, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 2-quart casserole, layer rice, then corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 can tomato sauce mixed with 1/2 cup water over first two layers.
- Next, layer chopped onion, green pepper, then ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Pour second can of tomato sauce mixed with 1/2 cup water over all.
- Cover meat with 4 strips bacon, cut in half.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer.
great meal all in one. And husbands and kids LOVE IT. great. ;o)
Couldn't be easier! Everyone LOVED this casserole- thanks so much for posting!
Love this! This was one of my family's favorites growing up. I can remember my mom making it for us quite a bit. Fast & easy and great left over too!