Recipe by Snicklefritzie
This is like the classic Mexican 7-layer dip, only in a Mediterranean way! I sometimes make this and leave the meat out - it is still good and vegetarian thataway! Serve with fresh-baked pita chips. I estimated amounts, use more or less to your taste. Serving size is approximate too.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Great dip combination! A refreshing change from the usual Mexican style dip (though that's always good as well!) I made it meatless, left out the onion layer and added some feta cheese, served it with pita chips. It was a hit! Thanks for posting.
- 473.18 ml hummus
- 226.79 g ground lamb
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml chopped seeded cucumber
- 118.29 ml chopped seeded tomatoes
- 236.59 ml tzatziki (Greek yogurt dip)
- 59.14 ml chopped kalamata olive
- 1.23 ml of fresh mint, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread hummus on platter. I usually use a pretty garlicky kind, stir in some olive oil and lemon zest, a little cayenne.
- Brown lamb - can use beef or turkey- in skillet with garlic and some oregano and marjoram. Drain well. I usually brown my meet, drain and rinse it with boiling water and then add some spices. Layer meat on top of hummus.
- Layer onion, cucumbers, tomatoes and tzaziki (greek yogurt dip). The amounts I gave are approximate, use more or less to your preference.
- Scatter olives and mint over top. Serve with fresh-baked pita chips and watch it dissappear!