Recipe by Jennifer521
This is a traditional appetizer, but we love it as a meal. It is cool, refreshing and very filling, and makes a really fun dinner!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 3 -4 sliced green onions
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix refried beans and taco seasoning in a baking dish, Top with cheese and bake in oven (or microwave if using microwave safe dish) until cheese has melted. Spread sour cream over cheese, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and onions.
- For Once a Month Cooking: Mix beans and seasoning in freezer safe baking dish or disposable pan. Top with cheese, cover and freeze. Thaw the night before serving, then bake and finish as above.