Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Rachael Ray!! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 -18 ounce) jar green chili peppers or 1 (16 -18 ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, a palm full, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2/3 palm full
- 1 (16 -18 ounce) jar chipotle salsa
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Spanish olives with pimento, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Heat refried beans in small nonstick pan over medium heat and season with hot sauce. Transfer the beans to a small, deep casserole dish. Scrape pan clean with rubber spatula and return to heat.
- Add a little extra-virgin olive oil to the pan and raise heat to high. When the oil smokes, add the scallions and sear them, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green salsa to scallions and heat through. Add cilantro, remove salsa from heat, and layer on top of the beans.
- Return the same pan to the stove, lower heat to medium and add black beans, heat through and season with cumin, layer on top of the green salsa.
- Top the black beans with a layer of chipotle salsa. Mix sour cream the lime zest and juice and spread on top of the chipotle salsa.
- Combine the meat of 2 ripe avocados with garlic, lemon juice, jalapeño and salt to form a chunky guacamole. Top the salsa with guacamole. Garnish the dip with the final layer of diced tomatoes and sliced olives.