Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 36 mins
I got this recipe several years ago from a woman i worked for. it is quite good
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup corn
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked ground beef, seasoned
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 2 Qt casserole, layer the rice and the corn and the salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce and half of the water over the first two layers.
- Now, add the onions and green pepper; then the ground beef.
- Pour over the second can of tomato sauce and 1 can of water.
- Cover with the bacon.
- Cover & bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.
I used bacon bits instead of bacon. This dish is a great old fashion casserole like the ones mom use to make. :D