1 hr 40 mins
Difficult to make and it is very rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- whipped cream
- Heath candy bar, crushed
- 1Trace an 8-inch circle on a piece of waxed paper, using a cake pan as a guide.
- 2Place on a stack of 6 more pieces waxed paper.
- 3Using the traced circle as a guide, cut through all pieces of paper, giving you 7 waxed paper rounds.
- 4Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5Have 2 cookie sheets and an 8-inch spring form pan ready.
- 6Brownie Layers: Whisk cocoa, water, egg and vanilla in a small bowl until blended and smooth.
- 7In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar about 3 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- 8Beat in cocoa mixture (batter may look curdled) with mixer on low speed; gradually add flour until well blended (batter will be very stiff).
- 9Spread the 7 rounds of waxed paper out on countertop.
- 10Drop a level 1/3-cup batter in center of each round.
- 11Divide remaining 1/3-cup batter between rounds (about 2 t each).
- 12Moisten a cookie sheet with water.
- 13Place 2 waxed paper rounds on sheet (the water will stop them from slipping).
- 14Spread batter almost to edges of rounds.
- 15Bake 8 minutes or until surface looks dry and set but is slightly springy to the touch.
- 16(While first batch bakes, spread out batter for next 2 layers.) Cool baked layers on cookie sheet on wire rack 3 minutes.
- 17Put layers on waxed paper on a wire rack.
- 18Let cool completely.
- 19Bake and cool remaining layers.
- 20Meanwhile, line spring form pan with plastic wrap, letting enough wrap extend about sides of pan to cover top when filled.
- 21Peel waxed paper off cooled brownie layers.
- 22Place 1 layer in bottom of pan.
- 23Spread evenly with 1-cup ice cream.
- 24Top with another brownie layer, then another cup ice cream.
- 25Repeat with 5 more brownie layer and the ice cream, ending with a brownie layer on top.
- 26Fold plastic wrap over top and freeze at least 8 hours or wrap airtight and freeze up to 1 month.
- 27To serve: Remove sides of pan and peel plastic wrap down from sides.
- 28Lift cake off plastic wrap onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7 Layer Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 118.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g