Recipe by Marilee
This 7 layer bean dip is great for Super Bowl parties, work parties, other gatherings! Pretty easy to make...you can use store bought guacamole if you can't find ripe avocados.
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
THIS SHOULD BE IN EVERYONE'S COOKBOOK. This colourful dip is usually "inhaled" at any party I have been to. In a pinch, when avocados are outrageously priced, I have either purchased frozen guacamole or left out that layer all together. It is still great. It is also nice to use a mixture of cheddar and jack cheese on top. I normally serve with a mixture of "blue", white and yellow tortilla chips. Great recipe!
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled, cored, mashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans bean dip
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can black olives (sliced or chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix avocados, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and taco seasoning mix.
- Layer ingredients as follows.
- Bottom layer: Bean Dip.
- Second layer: Avocado mixture.
- Third layer: Sour cream mixture.
- Fourth layer: Tomatoes.
- Fifth layer: Onions.
- Sixth layer: Olives.
- Seventh layer: Cheese (I like to use Colby Jack cheese).
- Top with extra sour cream/olives/salsa, etc. if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- **This seems to be a little bit better if you can chill it for a few hours or over night to let the flavors intensify**.