Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I moved out on my own, my mother gave me a small book with some of her favorite recipes handwritten in the front. This was one of the recipes she included that my family has now come to love.
- In 13x9-inch baking dish spread even layer of refried beans.
- Spread salsa over beans.
- Carefully spread sour cream over salsa.
- In mixing bowl combine avocado, lime juice, cumin, and garlic powder. Combine until smooth.
- Spread avocado mixture over sour cream.
- Top avocado with an even layer of grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
- Finally top with sliced black olives.
- Serve with your Fritos scoops or your favorite tortilla chips.
Yum! Hubby and I ate this for dinner, as I have been craving it for weeks. I used a little less cheese and added some diced tomato. I like what you did with the avocado. Next time I might add some cilantro (fresh coriander) to the avocado mixture. Will be making it again for a Christmas BBQ very soon!
Great dip! The only change I would make next time would be to reduce the beans by half, and add some canned chilies to give them more zip. Thanks for the recipe!
This dip was fantastic! I made it and brought it up to the cottage, and everyone loved it. The only thing I would change is to add some more spice somehow...perhaps by buying a can of refried beans that are already spicy, or by adding something to the beans to make them spicier. I will definatly be making this again!