Recipe by Julie Tremmel
When I moved out on my own, my mother gave me a small book with some of her favorite recipes handwritten in the front. This was one of the recipes she included that my family has now come to love.
Top Review by Gingernut
Yum! Hubby and I ate this for dinner, as I have been craving it for weeks. I used a little less cheese and added some diced tomato. I like what you did with the avocado. Next time I might add some cilantro (fresh coriander) to the avocado mixture. Will be making it again for a Christmas BBQ very soon!
- 1 (16 ounce) canspicy refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 dice green onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In 13x9-inch baking dish spread even layer of refried beans.
- Spread salsa over beans.
- Carefully spread sour cream over salsa.
- In mixing bowl combine avocado, lime juice, cumin, and garlic powder. Combine until smooth.
- Spread avocado mixture over sour cream.
- Top avocado with an even layer of grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
- Finally top with sliced black olives.
- Serve with your Fritos scoops or your favorite tortilla chips.