Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many layered dip recipes out there - I have a couple of excellent ones in my collection, too. But this is a tasty new version that I think you'll enjoy! :)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup vegetarian mayonnaise (Vegenaise)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup minced iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup minced water chestnut (the crunch is nice) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled or 8 slices vegetarian bacon
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto a serving plate.
- Mix together the minced lettuce with the water chestnuts (if using).
- Top the cream cheese mixture with remaining ingredients, in order: lettuce/water chestnut, the cheeses, cooked and crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes, and green onions.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with bread rounds or pita chips for dipping.
- Note: you can also mix the water chestnuts into the cream cheese mixture instead of into the lettuce, if you prefer.
This is so good! I have made this twice now and both sets of people liked it. Most recently took it to a tailgate party. I made the dip section the evening before and then assembled it the next day. I used fat free cream cheese, light mayonnaise, and plain yogurt but used real bacon. Our tailgate party included this recipe plus Recipe#286670, beer bread, and a raspberry dessert. Thanks Julesong for posting a winner!
Excellent recipe for family gatherings