Recipe by Chef mariajane
This recipe is a flavorful dish that fills you up without piling on the calories. It has just 7 ingredients - including V8 100% vegetable juice - and is ready in a snap!!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1⁄2 cups 100% vegetable juice (V8 is my juice of choice, regular or low-sodium)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the turkey, onion, chili powder and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is cooked, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable juice, peppers and beans, to the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with baked potatoes and sour cream and chives. For dessert, serve fresh apple slices.