Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chowder is supper easy to make and very tasty. My husband first found and made the recipe for one of his hunting trips. He tripled the recipe and froze it so that it could be eaten while on his trip. The guys loved it and so will you.
- 907.18-1360.77 g bulk sausage
- 2 (609.51 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 591.47 ml milk
- 473.18 ml fresh corn
- 158.51 ml sliced green onion
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 236.59 ml grated swiss cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan or Dutch oven; brown over medium heat. Drain.
- Add soup, milk, corn, green onions and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook until corn is tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add cheese and heat until melted.
I loved this chowder. I used 1 lb. hot italian sausage and substituted the hot sauce for a can of original ro tel, and used cheddar cheese instead of swiss. Turned out creamy and amazing.
Delicious! I have also made it with low fat cream of chicken soup, skim milk, low fat smoked sausage and reduced fat cheese. While not as rich, it still tasted yummy and hearty.