Recipe by Oolala
I got this from someone because I had it in my recipes and I hand wrote it. I like the way it sounds. To make this Kosher use non-dairy cream of mushroom soup. *For crockpot, put meat in fat side up and mix ingredients and pour over meat. Cook on low for about 6 hours or until done (tender).
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lbs beef brisket
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, with foil, place onions and garlic.
- Put brisket in now and season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the soup, wine, thyme and olive oil together well and pour over the meat.
- Cover tightly with more foil and roast for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until done.
- Cool a bit before slicing meat on the diagonal of the grain.