Recipe by grandma2969
no one will ever believe how easy this is to put together..very refreshing during hot days of summer
Top Review by lizeroo
This is a really excellent fruit salad! I was searching for one without a lot of added ingredients - the summer fruit is delicious enough. The lime marinade for the salad absolutely makes it. My 4 yr old also loved it. Small changes made. No nectarines, so used canteloupe in balls and no kiwi in house but didn't miss it.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 nectarines, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, scooped into balls
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes
- 1 kiwi, peeled, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk lime juice,water and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl -- until sugar dissolves; add nectarines and bananas, stirring to coat.
- combine remaining ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl, add nectarine mixture.
- gently toss to mix, cover and refrigerate for one hour -- .