Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
no one will ever believe how easy this is to put together..very refreshing during hot days of summer
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 nectarines, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, scooped into balls
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes
- 1 kiwi, peeled, chopped
- whisk lime juice,water and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl -- until sugar dissolves; add nectarines and bananas, stirring to coat.
- combine remaining ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl, add nectarine mixture.
- gently toss to mix, cover and refrigerate for one hour -- .
This is a really excellent fruit salad! I was searching for one without a lot of added ingredients - the summer fruit is delicious enough. The lime marinade for the salad absolutely makes it. My 4 yr old also loved it. Small changes made. No nectarines, so used canteloupe in balls and no kiwi in house but didn't miss it.
Really liked this. I cut the recipe in half for my smaller family and had no problems. Next time I'll leave out the banana so that I can make a large bowl of this to have around for a few day's. With the banana, I think the salad needs to be eaten the same day. I had been craving anything with lime in it and I love fresh fruit so this seemed like a perfect fit. And it was! I love the added hint of lime. I even sprinkled a little of it througout the salad for a little extra zing. Wounderful salad. Thank's for sharing!