Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I have been making for years. My ex-mother-in-law gave it to me. It is easy to make and very good. A lot of time I leave out the fruit cocktail and add more of the other fruit and it is just as good.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 cup mandarin orange
- 1 cup cherries (Red or Green)
- 1 cup fruit cocktail
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Mix sour cream & Cool Whip well.
- Drain pineapples, cherries, oranges & fruit cocktail. Add to sour cream & Cool Whip.
- Mix well.
- Add marshmallows mixing well.
- Smooth down, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
I needed something for a church potluck but it's been over 105 degrees everyday. I wanted something light and cool that would offset all the heavy foods people tend to bring. I had 5 people as me for the recipe. :) Great summer dish.
Nice Sweet/Tangy mix! My family loves this recipe and it's so easy to make! I use the pineapple tidbits rather than the chunk style. I don't know anyone who doesn't like this one!