Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mac & Cheese
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup gruyere, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the Velveets, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half to the large bowl of eggs. Add the warm macaroni tossing until the cheese has melted abd the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar, the remaining grateed cheeses, salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined in the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dishes (approx 3 (3 qt) baking dishes and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of sharp cheddar and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.