Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe, after looking for a good Lasagna recipe for a number of years. I have modified it to suite my taste and cooking style. I do the cooking in 2 or 3 repetitive steps in order to get all of the parts into my microwave.
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, red & green mixed
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 32 ounces bow tie pasta (DaVinici)
- 4 cups Clamato juice, tomato cocktail
- 18 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces dry curd cottage cheese
- 60 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded colby cheese
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- I split the cooking into 2 or 3 times in order to fit the bowls into my microwave.
- Cook the Hamburger and the rest of the first 6 ingredients saving the juice.
- 15 minutes on reheat (3/4 power) stirring several times.
- Cook the noodles using the hamburger juice and enough Clamato Tomato Cocktail to get the noodles soft.
- 15 minutes on reheat (3/4 power) siring several times, and checking that there is enough moisture.
- After the cooked items are cool enough to handle, combine the ingredients in a VERY LARGE mixing bowl along with ingredients #9,10, & 11.
- Combine all of the shredded cheeses in another bowl.
- Layer the combined ingredients and the shredded cheeses into casserole bowls or aluminum baking dishes, being careful that you don't run out the layering ingredients.
- Cook 30 minutes on reheat (3/4 power).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes - do not burn the cheese.