Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This could not be easier and really hits the spot on those cool fall/winter evenings!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans minestrone soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- Brown the ground beef and drain well.
- Put ground meat in a crock pot. Add ranch beans, minestrone, tomatoes, and Rotel (don't drain any of it).
- Cook on low at least 4 hours but preferably all day - the longer the better!
Our pastor's wife gave me a similar recipe -- still has 7 cans, but the breakup is a little different. 3 (10-12 oz) cans minestrone, 2 cans ranch style beans, and 2 cans Rotel. We like ours with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream on top. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes, which is saying a lot, since he doesn't usually like soups! :) I just cook it up on the stove top and don't simmer it nearly as long, though it is definitely spicier/has more flavor if allowed to sit longer before eating.
This is a super easy soup to make and wonderful on a cold day. I'm a teacher so I don't have a lot of extra time and this one doesn't take any. I have never let it cook for as long as this recipe calls for. We make it and eat it right away. Delicious! I also use 2 cans of Rotel and a can of beef broth instead of the stewed tomatoes. I usually as some shell pasta ass well. Bon appetite!
This was SO easy to prepare and I let it simmer in the crock pot for 7 hours. Hubby is eating his second bowl as I type this. I didn't have two cans of stewed tomatoes, so I added some salsa instead. I also added some salt, pepper and a dash of garlic salt. Mmmm. Thanks so much for posting loof! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.