Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic, Normandy recipe that takes a long time to cook and practically no time to prepare.
Make and share this 7 1/2 Hour Rice Pudding (La Teurgoule) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the rice, sugar and salt in a large, ovenproof earthenware or glass casserole that will be big enough to hold the 2 liters of milk.
- Heat the milk and butter, but don't let it boil.
- Carefully pour the milk mixture over the rice and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Put it, uncovered, into an oven pre-heated to 120 Celsius. Depending on your oven, the casserole you used, etc,, the cooking can take from 7 to 8 hours.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, periodically test with a knife. When the milk is no longer liquid, but creamy and thickened, it's done.
- This makes A LOT of rice pudding! It can be eaten warm, but I preferred it cold.