Top Review by Nancy Gould
I finally made a stew as good as Grandma's (or so the family states!) I used Montreal Steak Seasoning instead of McCormick's. This recipe made a thick, rich stew and it was so easy! I cooked it in a 350F oven for 2 hours then reduced the heat to 250F for the last 1/2 hour. The round steak that I used was so tender (and way cheaper than sirloin)! This is a new family favorite!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in strips
- 4 small new potatoes, cut in 1/4-inch wedges
- 1⁄2 lb frozen green beans, french cut, thawed
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in small wedges
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick broiled steak seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick's Season All
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in metal 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients with a whisk.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 40 minutes.
- Carefully uncover and stir meat and vegetables.
- Cover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Uncover and stir stew before serving.