Recipe by Baklava
A wonderful mom from my school gave me this recipe years ago. When I lost it, I called her up and asked her for it again. She laughed and supplied it immediately. I tell kids these are chocolate chip muffins and never mention the bran and oatmeal. It makes a huge batch be prepared. It is supposed to last in the refrigerator for at least 6 weeks - but I always go through it faster than that.
- 1 (15 ounce) box natural bran or 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F, while combining ingredients. Grease muffin tins, or use paper muffin cups or silicone. (I love my silicone cups).
- Mix dry ingredients in very large bowl. Make well in dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl. Incorporate wet ingredients into the well of dry ingredients - stirring until just moistened.
- Fill muffin cups and bake 18-22 minutes.
- Remaining batter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. I love to make these fresh every day for the kids or take them into work.