Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple, healthy recipe and yummy too! The batter can be stored in your refridgerator for up to 6 weeks. Perfect for hot fresh muffins any time!
- 1 (15 ounce) package Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (2 cups sugar can be used instead)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, plus
- 4 egg whites, beaten with eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, oil, applesauce and buttermilk.
- Put in plastic container and cover.
- Fill muffin tin 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minute.
- **Can be stored in fridge for up to 6 weeks! DO NOT RESTIR.
Delicious! Just what I was looking for. I can never leave a recipe alone, so I added about 1/2 cup more raisins, 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg. I also used whole wheat pastry flour. These muffins are dense but moist and yummy. Very wholesome... makes a great breakfast. Remember NOT to stir the batter after storing it... just scoop it out.