6-Vegetable Mediterranean Stew
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, mushrooms and chilli pepper for a couple minutes.
- Add the eggplant and continue cooking over a medium-low heat for about five minutes, until the eggplant starts to soften.
- Add in the cumin, balsamic vinegar, bacon and red pepper.
- Cook until the bacon starts to colour, then add in the chopped tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, red wine and stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down, three-quarters cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes or until you are happy with the thickness of the sauce.
- Check the seasoning and serve with a dollop of yogurt or over some cooked basmati rice.