Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this 6 step Chicken Tikka recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 5 pieces limes, chopped
- oil, to fry
- Cut the chicken and make deep cuts on the pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Deep fry.
- Drain on paper towels.
This made nice fried chicken. I omitted the food coloring, and doubled the amount of green chilies. I followed the recipe for the cumin, garlic and ginger, but wasn't sure what to do with the lime. I added some lime juice to the marinade. About three hours after starting marinating, I dusted the chicken pieces with starch and deep fried them. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.