Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From myrecipes.com Serving size (5 oz meat) - 250 cal, 10.6g fat, 35.6g protein, .6 carb, .2 fiber
Make and share this 6 Points Plus - Roast Chicken With Mint Cilantro Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken; trim excess fat.
- Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine mint leaves and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- Rub herb mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks.
- Tie ends of legs together with twine.
- Lift wing tips up and over back, and tuck under chicken.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of thigh registers 170°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken; discard.
- Carve chicken, and serve immediately.