1 hr 15 mins
From myrecipes.com Serving size (5 oz meat) - 250 cal, 10.6g fat, 35.6g protein, .6 carb, .2 fiber
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken; trim excess fat.
- 3Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- 4Combine mint leaves and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- 5Rub herb mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks.
- 6Tie ends of legs together with twine.
- 7Lift wing tips up and over back, and tuck under chicken.
- 8Place the chicken, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rack in a roasting pan.
- 9Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 450°, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of thigh registers 170°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 15 minutes.
- 11Remove skin from chicken; discard.
- 12Carve chicken, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 6 Points Plus - Roast Chicken With Mint Cilantro Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.1
- Calories from Fat 617
- Total Fat 68.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 310.7 mg
- Sodium 581.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 73.1 g