Recipe by LAURIE
Make ahead dip, with make your own chips. Colorful and a great flavor! Time does not include frying of chips, if you prefer go buy a big bag!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 large avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped black olives, drained
- flour or corn tortilla
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl stir sour cream, mayo and taco mix.
- In another bowl mash the avocado.
- Stir in the salsa, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp hot sauce.
- Stir 1/2 hot sauce into the beans if desired.
- In 13x9 dish, spread the beans.
- Top with the avocado mixture.
- Top with the sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over this.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and refrigerate overnite.
- To make tortilla chips.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 6 wedges.
- In deep skillet heat oil to 1/2 inch.
- Fry wedges a few at a time til crisp and lightly browned.
- About 1 minute for corn or 45 secs for flour.
- Drain well and serve with the dip.