Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was in the coupon section of this morning's paper and it sounds so good. I think I will use a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies, drained, in place of the jalapenos. The bread slices are apparently not counted as a layer.
- Mix the eggs and heavy cream in a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, place the sausage, jalapeno pepper, cheese, garlic and cumin.
- Place a third of the amount of the egg mixture in the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish. Next, place a slice of bread into the dish. Layer 1.
- Place 1/3 of the amount of the sausage mixture from step 2 onto the slice of bread. Layer 2.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 two more times.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.