Recipe by Mommy Bean
Lip smacking, can't stop eating, best peach cobbler EVER! Super easy and keep a spoon handy :)
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very good! I used my own canned peaches instead of store bought, so the syrup wasn't very thick. I decided to add 1 tablespoon of tapioca - something G'Ma said will always work to thicken a pie! Very important to use **Self-rising** flour in this! (Alternative to self rising flour is 1 cup of all purpose + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt = 1 cup self rising flour) Delicious Mommy Bean! And very quick to put together! Thanks for posting! Made for Potluck Tag
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup (do not drain, reserve 1/2 Cup of syrup)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Substitution for self rising flour
- add one and a half tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt to one cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in 13x9 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Stir sugar and flour together and mix well.
- Slowly add milk and continue stirring to prevent lumps.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Pour batter directly over butter in baking dish.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon peaches on top of batter.
- Pour reserved syrup over batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired!