Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lip smacking, can't stop eating, best peach cobbler EVER! Super easy and keep a spoon handy :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup (do not drain, reserve 1/2 Cup of syrup)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Substitution for self rising flour
- add one and a half tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt to one cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in 13x9 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Stir sugar and flour together and mix well.
- Slowly add milk and continue stirring to prevent lumps.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Pour batter directly over butter in baking dish.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon peaches on top of batter.
- Pour reserved syrup over batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired!
Very good! I used my own canned peaches instead of store bought, so the syrup wasn't very thick. I decided to add 1 tablespoon of tapioca - something G'Ma said will always work to thicken a pie! Very important to use **Self-rising** flour in this! (Alternative to self rising flour is 1 cup of all purpose + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt = 1 cup self rising flour) Delicious Mommy Bean! And very quick to put together! Thanks for posting! Made for Potluck Tag
I followed the directions exactly as written, but this just did not turn out for me. I am not sure if the dry amounts are correct or what it was. It smelled delicious in the oven. When it came out, it had the consistency of a loose custard, and not so much a cobbler. If you could check the amounts as correct, I would be willing to make this again to try it out. As it stands though, this does not work. Very sorry. Made and Reviewed for Something Old, Something New tag Event.