Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for someone who is just starting out in the world of Jellies, Jams and Preserves. It is a simple yet delicious way to start your learning experience.
- 6 cups of grated zucchini (peeled)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (6 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1 (2 ounce) boxsurejell fruit pectin
- Have your 5 clean glass pint jars with water in them and put on a cookie sheet in the oven on 200 degrees. Get your lids in a pan with hot water on the stove getting ready cause this is a very quick recipe.
- Bring 1/2 cup water and 6 cups of zucchini to a boil thel let simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, and pineapple and let boil for 6 minutes.
- Add in the Jello (I used Cherry but you can use any flavor you like Raspberry is good as well as Orange) Boil 2 minutes.
- Add surejell and boil for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and move pot to a cool burner, take jars out of the oven carefully pour out water and begin to ladle concoction into the hot jars.
- Wipe rims, Put lids and rings on then turn jars upside down for 5 minutes --.
- NOTE: this is a jam not a jelly, and this will look very loose, but after cools and you put in the fridge before eating it will thicken even more -- very tasty especially on homemade hot rolls mmm.
Excellent way to use up zucchini! I thought I had made every type of jam until I found this recipe. I followed the instructions exactly, and it turned out fine. It looked like it wasn't going to set up, but I think it will as stated in the directions. I used strawberry jello, and it is very good.
Serena this jam recipe is great! I had a large zucchini to use up and wanted to make jam and I chose yours. The only changes I made were: After cooking the shredded zucchini for 6 minutes and then adding the sugar, lemon juice,and pineapple I used my immersion blender and whipped up those ingredients because I didn't want shreds of zucchini and chunks of pineapple. I also used peach jello. This looks so pretty in the jar kinda like apple butter. Thanks so much for posting!